- On Technology is committed to complying with Australian Commonwealth legislation (http://www.privacy.gov.au/) governing privacy of personal information by businesses and to protecting and safeguarding your privacy when you deal with us.
- Some information provided to us by clients, customers and contractors and other third parties might be considered private or personal. Without these details we would not be able to carry on our business and provide our services to you. We will only collect such personal information if it is necessary for one or more of our functions or services.
- In particular, personal information is collected from people in the following situations by On Technology:
- If you contact On Technology, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- When you submit your email address to our website mailing list;
- When you purchase a product from On Technology;
- When you register a product with On Technology;
- When you purchase a product over a merchant's website;
- At or before the time the personal information is collected by us we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of who we are, the fact that you are able to gain access to the information held about you, the purpose of the collection, the type(s) of organisations to which we usually disclose the information collected about you, any laws requiring the collection of the information and the main consequence for you if all or part of the information is not collected.
- On Technology will never request your credit card information by email.
- We may use or disclose personal information held about an individual for the primary purpose for which it is collected (e.g. provision of our services, including administration of our services, fulfilment of orders placed by you on our servers, notification to you about changes to our services, record-keeping following termination of our services to you and technical maintenance). We may also use such information for a purpose related to the primary purpose of collection and where it would reasonably be expected by you that we would use the information in such a way. This information is only disclosed to persons outside our business in the circumstances set out in this policy or as otherwise notified to you at the time of collection of the information.
- In addition, we are permitted to use or disclose personal information held about you:
- Where you have consented to the use or disclosure;
- Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious, immediate threat to someone's health or safety or the public's health or safety;
- Where we reasonably suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in and the use or disclosure is a necessary part of our investigation or in reporting the matter to the relevant authorities;
- Where such use or disclosure is required under or authorised by law (for example, to comply with a subpoena, a warrant or other order of a court or legal process);
- Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary for prevention, investigation, prosecution and punishment of crimes or wrongdoings or the preparation for, or conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal or the implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal by or on behalf of an enforcement body.
- Our website may contain links to other websites and those third party websites may collect personal information about you. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other businesses or the content of websites that are linked to our website. On Technology encourages users to be aware when they leave the site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information.
- On Technology places a great importance on the security of all information associated with our customers, clients and contractors. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control.
- On Technology retains the information you provide to us, including your contact and credit card details, to enable us to verify transactions and customer details and to retain accurate records for legal and accounting purposes. This information is held on secure servers in controlled facilities.
- Information stored within our computer systems can only be accessed by those entrusted with authority and computer network password sanctions.
- No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. As a result, while we strive to protect users' personal information, On Technology cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to it or from its online products or services, and users do so at their own risk. Once On Technology receives your transmission we make every effort to ensure its security on our systems.
- Ultimately, you are solely responsible for keeping your passwords and/or account information secret. You should be careful and responsible whenever you are online.
- On Technology stores financial details such as credit card information for recurring billing. To ensure security of this information it is stored in a PCI DSS secure vault environment. For more information refer https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/security_standards/pci_dss.shtml
- On Technology is committed to maintaining accurate, timely, relevant and appropriate information about our customers, clients and website users.
- So long as your request for your personal information is in accordance with the National Privacy Principles, then we will give you access to that information through our Privacy Officer:
- In order to correct inaccurate information in an order, you must contact the merchant directly.
- Inaccurate information held by On Technology will be corrected upon receiving advice to this effect from you. To ensure confidentiality, details of your personal information will be passed on to you only if we are satisfied that the information relates to you.
- If we refuse to provide you with access or correct the personal information held about you by us, then we will provide reasons for such refusal.
- Security information, such as usernames, passwords and credit card information, will not be disclosed for security reasons.
- Pursuant to the Australian National Privacy Principles (http://www.privacy.gov.au/), we may transfer information we have collected about you to someone other than you in a foreign country only if such transfer is permitted by the National Privacy Principles.
- On Technology collects information from the site using "cookies".
- When you visit the On Technology site to read, browse or download information, our system will record/log your IP address (the address which identifies your computer on the internet and which is automatically recognised by our web server), date and time of your visit to our site, the pages viewed, any information downloaded and any information your browser or other client may send us. This information will only be used for the purpose of site analysis and to help us offer you improved online service. We may automatically collect non-personal information about you, such as the type of Internet browsers you use or the site from which you linked to our website. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on our websites.
- By engaging On Technology to perform work, and thereby providing On Technology with certain personal information, In accordance with the relevant Privacy Laws,
- You agree that On Technology may obtain information about you from a business which provides information about the commercial credit worthiness or commercial activities for the purposes of assessing any application for credit;
- You agree that On Technology may obtain a credit report containing information about you from a credit reporting agency for the purposes of assessing any application for credit.
- You agree that On Technology may exchange information with credit providers named in a credit report issued by a credit reporting agency for the following purposes:
- To assess an application by you for credit;
- To notify other credit providers of a default by you; and
- To assess your credit worthiness.
You understand that this information can include any information about your credit worthiness, credit standing, credit history, credit capacity that credit providers are allowed to exchange pursuant to privacy laws in force at the time.
- Should you wish to read more information on privacy legislation or the National Privacy Principles we recommend that you visit the Federal Privacy Commission's website at: http://www.privacy.gov.au/
Collection of Information
Use of Information Collected and Disclosure of Personal Information to Others
Security and Storage
Access to and Correction of Personal Information
On Technology Pty. Ltd.
PO Box 7239
Baulkham Hills NSW 2153
Phone: +61 2 8889 8888
Fax: +61 2 8889 8890